Friday, September 02, 2005

Drove Into HELL (NEW ORLEANS) Last Night -- Sensitive Types Stay Out

(From Corvette Forum)

First off I wanted to post what REALLY is going on in this city. The news stations are only showing a minuscule of REALITY. This post may offend some people but I will post what I saw, like it or not -- it is REALITY.

Last night I was watching the 6 pm news when they announced the 17th STREET CANAL PUMPS FAILED as well as another break in THE LEVEE. My house is right off ST. CHARLES AVENUE and up to 6 pm yesterday is was the only part of the city that was DRY.

Since the pumps failed and the new break ST. CHARLES AVENUE would be under 9 FEET of water in the next 12 to 15 hours. My brother and I felt if we wanted to save anything we had to leave NOW. We loaded up flashlights, rope, our medical ID's, both our .45 GLOCKS, 2 SHOTGUNS, and rode out.

En-route we listened to the radio which broadcasted all the news about THE LOOTERS and what not. In hindsight, it was a mistake. My mother didn't want us to go. My dad who is a VIETNAM VET told us to be safe and "SHOOT TO KILL" if it ever comes to that.

On the way we had to pass 5 to 6 CHECKPOINTS to allow entry into the city. We stated we were MEDICAL PERSONNEL who were activated, showed our ID, and off we went.

On the radio reports we heard about the officer who was shot in the head, the 2 gunman who opened fired on THE NEW ORLEANS POLICE STATION, and how looters were CARJACKING CARS to get out of the city. This started making my brother nervous and giving him second-thoughts.

We get to the city and it looks like a freaking WAR ZONE. The best visual I can give is the movie BLACKHAWK DOWN when all the SOMALIANS are rushing the city.

They are people EVERYWHERE, they are pissed off, and all have WEAPONS, 2x4's, AXES, and GUNS. If this wasn't bad enough we are two WHITE BOYS in a truck in a sea full of several hundred armed and pissed-off BLACKS. There wasn't a white person to be found. I couldn't get over the little 8 and 10-year old old kids with weapons! I even saw one carrying a claw hammer!

These people were absolutely nuts! They rammed trucks (stolen I'm sure) into jewelry stores to steal items. They were tearing apart WAL-MARTs -- carrying out TV's, PLAYSTATIONS, DVD PLAYERS, etc. One lady was wheeling out an entire rack of merchandise -- I'm not sure what it was but sure wasn't clothes or food. They were all laughing and carrying on like it's freaking CHRISTMAS.

We were stuck in traffic when we see a group of guys walking down the street with AK-47's. At that point the "PUCKER FACTOR" kicked in -- a couple GLOCKS and SHOTGUNS were no match for that.

We hauled ass trying to get to UPTOWN when we saw people chopping down the front door of a $4-5 MILLION DOLLAR MANSION on ST. CHARLES AVENUE with an axe. I was just in total awe because it was so surreal. Making matters worse was that it was 11 pm at night. With no electricity you really can't see anything or anyone until they are RIGHT up on you.

Our plan was to be in and out in 30 MINUTES. This included putting his HARLEY on the trailer. It would have taken me 5 to 10 MINUTES tops to get my stuff. All I wanted was my pictures from college, my clothes and shoes, and my computer tower.

My brother got scared believing we were going to get jumped putting his bike on the trailer. Keep in mind this is the ONLY area in the city that is DRY. So just like RATS who move to higher ground, these people were doing the same. Word must have gotten out that UPTOWN was dry as there started to be a large influx of people.

Needless to say, he wanted to go home immediately rather than take our chances. While it was the smart thing to do I was beyond infuriated with him because we had made it this far. He just kept saying our lives weren't worth it.

So we turned around, without our stuff.

Our next challenge was getting out of the city while not getting highjacked. Reports came out that people were jumping in the back of trucks holding and the drivers at gunpoint. Traffic started to slow so I just nailed to get out as fast as I could.

Even though he was the voice of reason I'm still pissed. All I have is my life and the clothes on my back. I lost my house (which is now 9 FEET UNDERWATER), ALL my clothes, TV, computer, furniture, and photo albums and videos from childhood and college. What makes this worse is my brother owned the house and I was a tenant. I didn't have renters insurance. Hindsight is 20/20.

I also hope every single one of the F--ing looters get TETANUS, E-COLI and F---ing DROWN. I'm serious I really hope they all die for what they were doing to the city -- KILLING PEOPLE and DESTROYING HOMES.

Never in my life have I ever seen people act live SAVAGES, it was truly SICKENING.

Bill Smallfield, thanks for the post.

No comments: