Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Internet "Video"

[From our friend Kraig.]

I've been ripping all the "experts" and pundits touting VOD or IPTV or even HD video coming off the Internet.

Would this be the same Internet serving up low rez, stuttering, tiny video windows?

I went to the SONY site to watch a few clips from the upcoming film, THE DA VINCI CODE. The clips do not excite me about the film. They're rather blah, bland and lifeless. Irrelevant.

The technical quality is HORRIBLE -- and this was late at night when traffic is low, connecting to Sony, not JOE BOB's WEB PAGE.

This is one of the year's biggest releases [I dare say only SUPE will be bigger]. I even waited for the clips to fully load before
I played them. Pathetic.

I think our DVDs, HiDef discs and HDTVs are safe for another decade or two.

Kraig Bailey, thanks for the post.

No comments: